Are you interested in a career in the electrical construction industry? Do you think you have the aptitude and skills necessary to complete a rigorous 5-year apprenticeship program? If you meet the following requirements, you could be on your way to a rewarding career.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school graduate or have a GED.
- Official high school transcript.
- GED documentation and high school transcripts.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proof of completing at least two semesters of Algebra with a C or better, or completion of the NJATC Tech Math course.
- Legal resident of IBEW Local Union 16 jurisdiction.
There is a non-refundable $25 processing fee for each application to be paid by check or money order at the time of application.
Paper applications will be available at the JATC office from 8:00 AM until 11:30 AM and 1:00 PM until 4:00 PM Monday through Friday, except those days that fall on recognized holidays.
Individuals may also request an application be sent to them by filling out the Apprenticeship Application Request Form
Please familiarize yourself with the application requirements below:
Applicants can submit an online application here.
More Information for Applicants
Please check out the following videos for more information on how you can benefit from our training programs.
Work One Middle School
Work One Trasitioning Adults