To qualify for oral interview an applicant must complete the application and meet the following basic requirements unless he or she has a minimum of four thousand (4000) hours of substantiated electrical construction work experience or has previous military experience as outlined in number 6 below.
- A Processing Fee of $25 is due, and payable at the time of application.
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or have a G.E.D. and be at least 17 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicant must have completed one high school algebra course with a passing grade, or one full year of pre-algebra with a passing grade.
- Applicant must be a legal resident of IBEW Local #16 jurisdiction which comprises the following counties:
(Applicant may be asked for proof of residency).
- To qualify to take the aptitude test, applicants must have the following documents turned into the J.A.T.C. office within 14 days of applying:
- Official high school transcript (with embossed stamp).
- G.E.D. (and documentation of algebra requirement listed in paragraph 3).
- Proof of age.
- Copy of valid driver’s license for the state in which the applicant resides.
- Copies of any other educational certificates (college, trade school, etc.). If the algebra requirement was achieved by a post high school course, an official transcript is required.
- A military veteran who completed military technical training school in a Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) applicable to the electrical construction trade (as determined by the JATC), and can document a minimum of two (2) years of military experience in that MOS, will qualify for an oral interview by the JATC to be considered along with other qualified applicants.
- All qualified applicants will be required to take the NJATC Aptitude Test Battery (Sanctioned by the U.S. Dept. of Labor). Applicants are required to receive a minimum score of “4” or higher to be eligible for interview.
- A Test Processing Fee of $30 is due, and payable by check or money order, the day of testing for those applicants meeting the minimum requirements as listed above.
- Minimum age for indenture is 18 years of age.
- Applicants selected for apprenticeship will be required to provide results of a physical exam. (At the applicant’s expense).
- All applicants selected for the apprenticeship program will be required to submit to a urinalysis test for substance abuse as a condition of initial and ongoing indentureship. (At the J.A.T.C.’s expense).
- All applicants accepted and indentured must sign a Scholarship Loan Agreement.
- Applicants will be accepted without discrimination because of race, religion, national origin, age, or sex.
For further information call the J.A.T.C. office at (812) 422-3343.
Mail to: NECA-IBEW Electrical JATC, 1321 Edgar Street, Evansville, IN 47710